Friday, June 10, 2011

BULA!

I'm sitting here in the Sheraton in Denarau and I'm still in shock that I'm in Fiji! It is absolutely gorgeous here - even the ugly parts have some beauty to them!

We had a greuling 10 hour and 40 minute flight last night into this morning. I got hardly any sleep but was awoken at 2:30am with a "good morning" call from the flight crew followed by a breakfast of eggs, fruit, yogurt and muffin. Not a bad start to a day, but still pretty early.

We went into Nadi town today and I rode in my first open air bus, ate some "breakfast crackers" and was greeted with "bula!" from many strangers on the street. The people here are SO friendly! Even when we got off the plane, there was a 3 man Fijian band playing for us visitors and yelling out "Bula!" as we passed. Such a loving culture!

We spent the day today at the beach enjoying our first Saturday here. Oh the ocean water is wonderful!

Were just about to go to Ba where our tiny, humble abode is to unpack, meet other voluteers and eat our first Fijian dinner!

Moce!

1 comment: