Sunday, June 26, 2011

A Rare Occurrence..

It’s the rainy season here in Fiji – and it downpours when it rains. However, its usually warm when it rains or the rain comes after a really hot day making it feel really refreshing. Today is a different story.

It was… cold.

Who would have thought that we would all be sporting long pants and sweatshirts throughout the whole day. The joke around the house today is “I love seeing everyone in new clothes!” hahah. Its nice to see different items of clothing on people and its nice to wear something other than a skirt!

I’ve loved this cold rain though – if a chunk of my time here was spent in the overcast days, I would be content. I love rain and it makes me happy!

However, it makes me want to sit at home and watch a movie – not the best motivational factor to get projects done.

Today I went to Tavua and went and helped out at Gold Foundation. It was delightful – we had great conversations and actually enjoyed our hot Milo (aka hot chocolate) during tea time while the rain pounded on the windows.

Sounds like Utah and Fiji swapped weather for a week! Enjoy the heat while I take a break from it and enjoy the rain.

No comments:

Post a Comment