Sunday, July 10, 2011

1 month!

I've officially been in Fiji for one month and I can't believe it! Time has flown by.. but it hasn't. I feel like its taken me a long time to get into the swing of things and stop feeling "America-sick" but I've arrived at bliss. I really do love it here. The people continue to amaze me, the food is great, the weather is hot again, the projects are picking up and I'm enjoying living with 20 people.. honest. There is always someone home, someone to talk to and something to do... sort of. :)

Today I went with my country director, Emily, to Lautoka where we presented the importance of hand-washing to some restaurant owners/managers from the Lautoka Town area. We taught them of the importance of washing, shared some statistics, and showed them how to wash their hands properly. We passed out some cool hand washing signs to be put up in their establishments and we gave them a bar of soap to put in their washrooms as well. 2 other volunteers were in Lautoka today and they used a washroom of a restaurant and the sign was in the washroom - it wasn't up on the wall - just lying nearby - but STILL! We made some sort of impact on these people! I felt like it was a successful day and I was very pleased with how it went. We may even have our picture in the newspaper showing how to wash your hands! Sweet!

In other news: my friend Adam Steele comes into town this week and I can't wait to see someone from home!! Its going to be so fun to take a few days off and go travel Fiji with him.

We also have 2 girls leaving the house this week and 2 new girls to replace them. Then, on the 20th, 5 more people will leave. The house will feel empty.. its going to be weird getting used to.

Well, I seem to have run out of things to say. haha - thats odd. Hope everyone is enjoying this wonderful month of July!

Sota Tale!

No comments:

Post a Comment