Thursday, July 14, 2011

A Familiar Face...

Today was an exciting day - Adam Steele came to Fiji! Wahoo!!!

It was so strange to see a face from home in Fiji - this is MY getaway! haha. We were both so weirded out by the fact that we were seeing each other in this 2nd world country. hahaha.

7 other volunteers and I met up with Adam in Lautoka and saw the new Harry Potter movie!
We saw it before America - haha suckas!

We kept laughing during the film because in the silent moments of the movie, we heard a symphony of popcorn bags rustling, candy wrappers crackling, cell phones ringing and hacking coughs galore. It totally got us out of the moment of the film WHICH I recommend if you're a Harry Potter fan. However, the ending scene of the movie is a little, nope, a LOT on the cheesy side. Other than that, it's a great film and a nice conclusion to the end of the HP saga. :(

I'm so stoked to this weekend because Adam and I are heading to Suva and just doing various things, meeting his Fijian friends and seeing some sights! I can't wait!

1 comment:

  1. Really jealous of you both right now! bring me back some cool volcanic sand or something, would ya!??

    ReplyDelete