Sunday, July 31, 2011

They say its your Birthday...


I had a memorable birthday this year and its mainly because I was in Fiji and did nothing traditional - haha.
We put on a Walk-A-Thon Fundraiser for a Special School here in Ba yesterday and so I spent most of the day behind a fishing pond game that i was in charge of clipping on prizes and candy to a clothespin fishing line. hahaha.

Adam and my 2 friends from Suva came to visit me and we bought a box of passionfruit ice cream, some "teaspoons" and they sang "Happy Birthday" to me in the middle of a parking lot. It was so white trash but so wonderful. I kinda got teary eyed when they were singing to me - it was so sweet.
That night we went to the Lautoka Carnival and I ate my first Fijian BBQ. It was packed with food but it wasn't that flavorful - dang it! 5 bucks for a fried egg, chow mein, a sausage, steak, and 3 hefty pieces of Kasava (somewhat like a potato).
The best part of the night was when we got dumped on in the Fiji rain. We all huddled under a tiny umbrella at a nearby food stand and watched as the food vendors tried to hurry and cover their stalls - some of the guys were standing on the food counter, bare footed to help hold the tarp over the food and cooks. hahaha only in Fiji is barefoot the norm.

It was definitely a memorable day and thank you THANK YOU for all the wonderful birthday wishes! i love you and miss you all!!

No comments:

Post a Comment