Tuesday, July 19, 2011

A change of scenery

Bula from Suva! I tried to post earlier this week but it got deleted right as i published it - darn internet, oh well.

I'm in Suva with Adam and I've been here since Saturday. Weve seen some really cool places like Coloisuva's amazing jungle and waterfalls, Matesuva's private island beach and none other than Suva's hoppin night clubs! Its been such a nice trip to get out of Ba and make some friends here on the "wet" side of the island. I'll post some pictures when I get back to Ba. :)

We've been staying with such an incredible family - the Ratuvukivuki's and they live in Wailoku (aka. the Jungle...no joke). There are 11 people in one house (2 of which are grandchildren and 4 are relative children) and then you add Adam and I into the mix and you've got a full house. This wasn't any different really than my house in Ba with 20 people except for the change of scenery and faces.

I fell in love with this family. They are so loving and charitable to open up their small home to Adam and I (2 kids and the father slept on the floor in the sitting room just so adam and I had a place to sleep), they fed us delicious meals (they made a delicious Fijian BBQ as a goodbye dinner for me) and just made us feel like part of the family.

I was most amazed by their devotion to the Gospel. They have family devotion (scripture study/discussion) at 7am every morning as well as at night. They show such faith and love for the Gospel that it is something I want to have in my own family someday. This family has made me feel so at home and I'm so sad to leave them. I'm hoping I can make one more trip to Suva before I leave so I can see them again.

I head back to Ba later today and get back to work with HELP International. I can't believe I only have 4 weeks left in Fiji - this is crazy!

Hope all is well in the great U.S. of A and that you're all hapy and safe!

No comments:

Post a Comment